Implementation of Bio-metric punching to M.Phil/Ph.D Candidates (Both Part-Time and Full-Time) in University Departments and Approved Research Centres sanctioned.
Sanction has been accorded by the Vice Chancellor for the following :
- All the M.Phil/Ph.D Research Scholars (both full-time and part-time) of the University admitted in the University Departments and all approved research centres (Colleges/Institutes/Centres with MoU) should mark their attendance through Biometric Punching System available at the Centre, in which they are admitted. Apart from Biometric Punching, such research scholars should mark their attendance in the Attendance Register too, i.e., the attendance to be marked twice a day - forenoon (when they come) and afternoon (when they leave).
- As far as University Departments are concerned, the Instrumentation Engineer of the University is authorised for making immediate arrangements for extending the biometric punching facility to all research scholars.
- If biometric punching system is not available in an approved research centre of the University, they can mark their attendance in the Register; in such cases, the Supervisor and the Head of the Institution are responsible for malpractices. In such cases, the biometric punching should be arranged by the management as soon as possible.
- The Research Scholars should attach the monthly punching data attested by the supervisor and Head of the research centre along with the bill for the payment of fellowship/remuneration. The Fellowship/remuneration bills of the research scholars who do not mark their attendance through punching system from the date of this orders need not be forwarded to the DoR for payment by the Head of the research centres. However, the bills of those who started biometric punching from the date of this orders may also be considered by the Heads, only if their attendance was regular during the previous days.
- The Heads of all the research centres should maintain a Leave Register, in which all types of leave availed/granted to the research scholar should be written clearly for every research scholar; the same should be made available for verification. Whenever, a request is forwarded for sanctioning leave, the leave (all types) already availed by the research scholar should clearly be mentioned along with the recommendation of the Head of the research centre (no incomplete application will be received in the DoR).
- If research scholar switches over from one fellowship/remuneration (including project fellowship) to another one or stick on to the same, total/combined period is limited as Five years maximum.
- The fellowship/remuneration received by the unproductive research fellows (i.e., those who do not submit thesis along with other mandatory documents within the allotted time) will be realised for the respective funding agencies with interest through thier employer/revenue recovery, etc.
- Eligible duty leave shall be granted to the research scholars, based on their duty/attendance certificate issued by the authorities concerned. If a research scholar goes on field trip, prior permission should be obtained from the authorities concerned well in advance.